Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Everything work in seasons....

Summer has officially arrived. I know because its all hot, humid and wet nearly every single day. Another indication of the warm season will be the trail left by dripping aircon units. Everywhere you go it is important for you to keep your head down to watch out for puddles of water. Walking over the puddles of water will be instant death... or rather just a drop of unknown substance on your bald head/GAP cap/Armani jacket/Prada handbag. This creates a form of invisible seen (but its invisible...) all over HK.

2 people walking towards opposite directions will not give way to each other even though there is enough space for them to walk past each other comfortably. One look on the floor... "HAH! Its the puddle of death!" And everyone nod in agreement.

A: "I will never back down. We can just stand there for 10 seconds without a bulge."
B: "I will be a gentleman and move sideways so the other party can move."
C: "I will take out my umbrella and walk over that puddle!"
And everyone applauds....

Speaking of seasons, its the season to be pregnant. Actually there's no season to be pregnant but in my office there will always be at least one pregnant staff at any point of time. Someone ever mentioned that the Fengshui(风水) in my office is good for babies. I guess that person must be learned in this field...

One good thing about having so many experienced mummies is the help and advice one can easily obtain. Not to mention the inheritance of baby kits. There is even a secret group called the 妈妈团(Mummy Group), a group within the company which moves in mysterious ways. You can always spot them at warehouse sale for anything related to children/toddler goods or at their fortnightly lunch gathering. I know... because I have a staff inside the group...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors