Monday, July 28, 2008

The Phoenix is back!


34-degree weather and a hail storm in the northen parts of the SAR. You can't get any better weather to welcome the Olympics into HK. This typhoon Phoenix is one typhoon I wouldn't want to see in HK, not even if it will give me 2 days of home leave due to No.30 warning. It will probably sweep my apartment away. Looking at the size of the typhoon it is actually covering the WHOLE of Taiwan... goodness... Maybe I should skip my China trip tomorrow...

After Vitasoy and Watsons Water, Nestle started their own strike to demand for an increment. How convenient. I don't get the increment I want I just get everyone to stop work. Most effective way for the employees but is it good for the reputation of HK?

A friend from poly is pregnant. I'm the first friend from our group who knows this news. Funny how a person in HK gets to know something faster than those in SG. But that also says how being away makes me more concern about my friends in SG. I will drop a message once in a while to check on their status. One such message 2 weeks ago came back with the news that another poly mate will be getting married in September. Got to remind myself to keep track of my friends more often when I go back to SG...

Typhoon typhoon go away... come again after tomorrow...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors