Monday, September 29, 2008

It felt so.... eerie...

The 1st time I ever watch an F1 race from start to finish, from practice runs to the podium finish. The 1st time I ever see the Singapore skyline over the F1 cars. I could relate to that feeling of driving through those monuments and bridges yet it felt so surreal...

For 61 laps and previous practice sessions, the F1 cars raced through the city, a city I grew up in. Yet many of the pictures caught on television looked as if I was watching some live feed from Monaco or Macau. I'm not sure if the fences around the tracks were the reason or the bright-as-day lightings all over the track, the whole place looked foreign to me.

Truth is, I'm getting kind of worried. Worried that I'm losing my place in Singapore. It will be nearly 4 years before I go back to Singapore. I'm developing a strange accent from trying to speak English, Mandarin and Japanese while learning Cantonese. Hundreds and thousands of events over the past 1000 or so days in Singapore are unbeknown to me, except for those that make it to the onine papers.

I'm sure a year in Singapore will re-orientate me in the right direction, but what next? A peaceful life working in SG or to pursue a nomadic lifestyle around the region, or even the world? Another 700 days to find out...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors