Monday, October 27, 2008

Trampoline Tram-Palin...

A cool US$150,000 for clothes... Will I be worried if she becomes the next vice-president? I will if I am living in the States. So what can US$150,000 buy for you? About 3,000 Levi's jeans? The money she spent on clothes in a month was "what the average American household spends on clothes in 80 years."

All these talk of Joe the Plumber (who really isn't a plumber) and talks about saving the economy from the Republicans just doesn't go down well with me. Why? Because they already messed up their choice for a no.2 right from the word go. McCain used Palin like how the Americans used their superior technology to punch a hole straight into Baghdad. Unfortunately, like the war in Iraq, after the initial strike they simple didn't have a sustained/long term strategy to maximise the gains. "Now that we reach Iraq, what do we do?" Surely they can employ enough elites from the Ivy League colleges to help them strategize and plan forward, but they obviously were not good enough.

Should the President be relieved of duties, the VP will take over his role. I can see Hillary Clinton fulfilling that role. Hockey mum? Wow... I really don't know... I can see where America is going should McCain win... and its nowhere you can go without flippers...

3 comments:

"me-no-mad" said...

i think people are digressing from the real issue. I dun give a shit if Joe is really a plumber or not but his questions are very real and Obama was doing his ritual dance around the question with vague answers that shed much light about the sort of 2 face laywer politician he is

WhiteDuskRed said...

I agree with Obama's tax system. The democrats (H.Clinton & others before her) have always been pushing for reforms to remove tax cuts for the wealthiest 1-2% of the population. He probably couldn't explain thoroughly enough to Joe during the short time they had but from online reports, his explanation wasn't that dodgy.

Obama tried to explain to him that he would have gotten certain breaks as a small business. His plan was indeed to tax him more and tax those earning US250k less so that they will get him to clear that pipe instead of doing it themselves~

Given the global climate, its the correct way to go, especially for the US.

Frankly speaking I don't get much news about McCain's tax plans though. Joe the Plumber is getting more publicity for Obama... is that smart?

"me-no-mad" said...

Do u still honestly believe in this tax divide scheme. I don't. It's like some smoke screen that aims to placate the "poor". The rich has too many ways to outdo this tax thingie honestly. Set up a trust fund or do something and the rich will always get away. So U can never tax the rich enough, and relieve the poor enough. I still see this like some good marketing guise -like as a boy's game of playing robin hood in disguise when more work should be placed on economic reforms. No I do not have any bright ideas because I am not economically inclined.

Perhaps u like to think he didnt have enough time to explain to Joe but hey, he is on a walk about, he is expected to be able to convince a layman about his intended policy. The perception he had given to the public wasnt that he didnt have time to exaplin, or that it was too complicated. The perception was that his reply was non commital and vague.

Now If someone is sincerely tryin to explain a policy/ concept to me which I didnt understand, I would say it sounds complicated. I will not say vague and non commital. Vague is when i sense someone is trying to convince me he is explaining something when he actually is not, and non commital is when he doesnt want to put himself in a position where he realise he is wrong later....

Like I said, I dun think highly of either candidates but I still hold my perception that Obama is too much of a slick ball reeking too much suspicious (like a typical lawyer) and I am getting *** of his usual routine reply of "I never know" distancing himself when it comes to those racists and terrorist link associates of his.

Worldwide Visitors