Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Great holiday~

Back from SG. Actually back on Monday but was off to SZ for business yesterday. The trip was nothing short of energizing. The number of trees I see back in SG within the 3 days easily surpasses the amount I see here in HK in a year. Of course one can argue that if I travel north to N.T. I can get to see more greens. But I don't get the time to travel up daily, right? The only place where I can remember the sighting of any trees in TST will be Kowloon park. That's just about as pathetic as it can be. Instead of the West Kowloon Cultural Centre, what HK really need is a Hyde park. But then again with the fumes all around I don't think the trees will have any chance of surviving...


Anyway on this whirlwind trip (which one wasn't...), we splurged a little by spending a night at Siloso Beach Resort. Once you step/drive into the place you will feel like you are in Borneo or somewhere in the jungle. Instead of destroying trees, the main building is built around trees.


Swam for 2+ hours, after which I got a full body of sunburns. Went cycling around Sentosa island. Also went for luge ride.

Alot of construction going on with the upcoming IR but I can see a great future for the island. 1st-class environment, great facilities and many new attractions like marine park and Universal Studios Singapore. But its going to be crowded alright...

3 comments:

hkorbust said...

There's more to HK than just Central, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay... Two thirds of HK Island is protected natural park, very green and plenty of trees.

Beats Singapore any day of the week! You can't walk 3 hours in any given direction without either walking into Malaysia, or into the sea.

WhiteDuskRed said...

I did mention that HK have alot of greens out there in the New Territories but it is quite pathetic when planting trees in the city area. I love escaping to the outer regions once in a while but I stay and work here most of the week~

Anyway... You're right. I'll fall into the sea if I walk for 3 hours in any one direction. That's what I like about Hyde Park... though I still won't get 3 hours of walk in any 1 direction!~

littlecartnoodles said...

What's the point if I have to take the MTR to see this 2/3 of HK covered by greenery ?

Worldwide Visitors