Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Black Monday

Talking about a bad and lousy Monday yesterday...

1) Got embroiled in a case of gangster telemarketeers at work. Left another bad taste in my mouth and negative*99999 to my image of HK as a free market. Though in a way let off the hook in the end, I'm still figuring out how I could have avoided it. Hong Kong should be renamed Chow Kong...

2) CNY is coming and my brother come SMSing... coincidence? And to think I was beginning to get worried about him over the weekend. If this is sibling telepathy then I think I don't need it. I think for his welfare, he think for my money. Sucks.

3) My throat got so bad that I got to visit the doctor. I must give credit to the good government of HK for creating a cigarette-free environment in all eateries and buildings. Forcing the smokers to take their habits to the streets. They smoke as they walk, wait at the bus-stop, standing in front of buildings, sitting in their taxis and mini-buses, and while having a dump in the toilet. Chow Kong once more... Of course, going to the karaoke last Saturday with my already battered throat didn't help a bit...

On another note, I'm working like 4+ days over a 20 day period. Not a bad way to end the year. 2-day golf trip on the 1st day of the new year to cap off my holidays. A great way to start the new year. And after like 4 visits to the ice skating rink in the last 3 weeks or so, I don't think I'll be stepping on ice/snow anytime soon...

I'm going to buy myself a basketball soon... I need the exercise... and what better way than to chase the basketball around the court like a dog? Exercise for myself and entertainment for everyone watching~

1 comment:

gweilo_in_the_mist said...

if you fancy a game of bball give me a yell!

Worldwide Visitors