Monday, December 8, 2008

Weather forecast in HK

Temperatures (outdoor) : 16-19 Deg Celsius
Temperatures (indoor) : Approx 15 Deg Celsius

Can never understand the logic here. Whenever you walk into a major shopping centre in HK you will get the urge to put on your coat. Its one thing walking outside and letting the wind hit you in the face, and another walking indoors and letting the aircon blow down on your neck while you are eating sushi.

The amount of static electricity all over the place is frightening... the amount of electrocution I'm getting is nothing short of crazy... I've been shocked so many times this year that I have developed a habit of touching the wooden door before I turn the knob...

I don't like the cold. I don't like winter. I don't mind if its just for a holiday though...

2 comments:

"me-no-mad" said...

haaa haa I had exactly the SAME observation and post 2 years ago about the strange concept of freezing shopping mall when I first arrived HK! haaa haaaa. I was joking that it aimed at encouragin sales for winter gear so that when u are trying those coats and stuff, you wont be sweating like a pig! haaaa

WhiteDuskRed said...

If... and its a big IF here, their goal is to give the customers a better shopping experience (turn up the aircon to match the outside temperature so customers don't have to take off their jacket), then its a flawed attempt. What I'm hearing from locals, the dirty truth, is that the point of turning up the power is to circulate the air inside the building as it is peak season for flu virus.

I don't buy that argument. I thought temperature and fan control are separate? But then again, after meeting the people who tried to do up the aircon in my server room, I'd say we are lucky we don't have to undress into our briefs once we step into a shopping centre...

Worldwide Visitors