Thursday, January 15, 2009

Motivation

I can't seem to get myself motivated at work these days. Mistakes are mounting. I am writing alot of stuffs on paper which I'm going to do. Problem is I'm not getting myself to work on it. No organization will not collapse without any one person. I concur with that statement. It's a good thing since by recognising that I can quit with a peace of mind.

Motivation is one thing, showing some level of professionalism is another. Even without motivation, I'm sure there is a need to show a certain level of professionalism even without motivation, no? As the days go by, I'm losing the very last of my principles in my position.

Couldn't recall the 7 core values in the army... so I checked it out in Mindef website :
Loyalty to Country
Leadership
Discipline
Professionalism
Fighting Spirit
Ethics
Care for Soldiers


In the workplace it's more or less the same, just substituting "Country" with "Company", and "Soldiers" with "Employees".

Loyalty to Company - Alot more traitors in the working world. I think I have shown enough loyalty so far.

Leadership - Can't really say I've shown the level of leadership I've wanted. Just sent my staff to ITIL courses recently. If I can't knock some senses into them I might as well let some courses fill their brains with the right mentality. I myself have not really been shown any directions from HQ either. Its more or less develop your own doctrine until something cocks up.

Discipline - Really no discipline. Surfing the net most of the time. Need to work on that a bit more. Reduce surfing time by 20% is a good target.

Professionalism - Trying to maintain. Hopelessly trying. At least I'm showing up on time and leaving on time. Rectifying all my mistakes and not walking away from any.

Fighting Spirit - Fighting to stay awake until 5:30pm everyday. Does that count? Other than that I'm not displaying anything. I'll happily take the blame for anything these days.

Ethics - What's ethics anyway? Right conduct and correct way of life? I'm sure I have. I think I have. I do have... right?

Care for Employees - The company is caring for my welfare by giving me a job and the minimum of minimum welfare stipulated. Isn't that wonderful? To have a job? And I don't abuse my staff, taking care of them and asking them nicely to do their job.

Reviewing all that, it all boils down to me, as a person, showing some levels of decency at doing my job professionally. Looking at the counter on the right, it shows some 100+ days left, taking away weekends and P.Holidays. Surely I have enough in me to leave a positive image before I take off from this sorry place. If I cannot get enough motivation from work then I got to find motivation from else where...

Found motivation - that is to get a 5.1 Dolby Surround sound system to complement my PS3. Can't wait to play Metal Gear one more time with the sound system. Actually... I can't wait to play Metal Gear again so I started on a higher difficulty last night. This time I play to kill every single PMC soldier. Love the fact that you can bring over the weapons from your last completion~ And when I'm complete here I'm going to download the Metal Gear series of maps on LBP~

Motivate motivate motivate~ MGS4 is my motivation now!

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors