Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh Brother...

Another mistake at work... arghh... absolutely avoidable but I don't know how I missed it. Initially thought I could have done things the safe and stupid way to avoid it but after thinking over it after work yesterday realized that changes was inevitable due to amendments from customer end. Anyway apart from saying sorry there was nothing I could do to appease the staff who have to delete all the duplicate orders in the system. Good thing there is a downturn, less orders for her to delete now... *hiccup* Spent few hours after office hours finishing up the mess...

I don't know what's gotten into me of late... I am running out of fresh ideas. Or rather I don't want to think of fresh ideas. Sometimes I feel that the more I try to implement, the heavier the burden on the staff who will pick after me should I leave anytime soon. Like for the case above, I'm trying to merge all the jobs into 1 process so that they will have less things to pick up. The little bump was down to my mistake but I've already given up on trying. Carry on with long way many steps. Why tamper with something that is already working fine?

I need to get my future sorted and I need to do it fast. After a fabulous December, things are starting to go downhill... The heavily polluted air that has been ravaging my lungs, the bad economy that is spoiling my escape plans and the worry of a brother who is becoming another form of IRD/IRAS...

Oh brother... the brother who come down every CNY and ask for assistance. End of the day its really how he treat us that pisses me off. No money no family. Sometimes talking about him bring tears to my eyes... I'm not sure they are tears of anger or tears of sympathy...

On one hand I cannot tell the rest of my family since 1) my sister probably hates him like hell for selling off the flat which mum bought with him, 2) mum will probably be upset to know that he is in dire need of money and 3) I'm not sure if my uncle have already lent him alot of monies... on the other I don't know his present situation well enough to make a smart decision. What if he gets chopped up by loan sharks? What if he commit suicide? What if he is just using my kindness to finance his gambling habits? I'm not taking a chance... It's not alot of money (really depends on how you see it... can easily finance my XBOX... ) but it is good money. Anyway... don't think I will ever see the money again... oh well... I'm his younger brother and its rightful that I give him a red packet every year~

And yeah... and before I forget it. MGS4 is the best game I have ever played in my life. If you have a PS3, go get that game. If you don't, go get a PS3 now! Too bad its the last Metal Gear game ever...

3 comments:

"me-no-mad" said...

well.... a person who doesnt want to self help cannot be helped.... that's what i believe in....

So u just have to weigh if your "help" is a form of indulgence to his reliance/ addiction to whatever he is in. There has to be a bottomline somewhere and where is your threshold? Sometimes it isnt about the amount, i think its the principle behind it. Of course this is a private matter and no one can advise you the correct course since there is always more to one side of the story, and more way to see it from different angle. Without knowing the full story, i should really keep my nosey nose off..:P

I think we should always help our family when they need us, but we are not obliged to be "abused" or exploited...

PS: u dun have to show/approve this comment, just wanted to share my 1 penny worth...:)

WhiteDuskRed said...

Hi! Thanks for the concern.
Exploit or not I don't know but he is family. I can't bear the thoughts of him suffering while I am having good food and having not that great a financial worry here.

"me-no-mad" said...

yeah i know what u mean.... 血脓於水right? Still, feeding a bad habit of dependence may do more damage than good... unless the root cause justifies it.

Worldwide Visitors