Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Hi, I'm here to sack you..."

At approximately 0930hr HKT tomorrow, I will be meeting the person I am going to retrench for the very first time. I'm not really the person who is responsible for retrenching him since that's HR's job and the decision lies with the higher ups. But I will be effectively taking over what he's been doing all these years. How many years? I don't know... I only heard of these arrangements just this morning...

How will he look at me during the meeting tomorrow? And how should I talk to him tomorrow? All business? Try to keep the conversation light and relaxing?

How will I feel if we were to switch position? I think I will probably miss the meeting altogether~ hahaha~

Damn....

2 comments:

"me-no-mad" said...

there is never an easy way in letting people go, esp those that are relatively good worker. I guess the only thing is to keep it short mainly focusing on good efforts on their part and let them have a say... sometimes, an offer of letter of testimonial helps i guess....

WhiteDuskRed said...

Well its not that tough emotionally since I don't know him before the meeting. He's the Asst Mgr of the IT Department in a company we acquired recently.

Its going to be really awkward working with him until I take over his scope...

Worldwide Visitors