Thursday, March 19, 2009

All about work...

Was in Shenzhen today conducting training for customer service staff. The first session was a group of 22, with just 2 males. Giving a presentation and answering questions in Mandarin was pretty tough, even if I grew up speaking the language. Somehow professional usage and daily usage have some differences. Very intimidating but could have been worse if the program wasn't entirely written by me...

They came up with a few suggestions on how to make the program better. Suggestions which I already have plans for prior to releasing the working version. Unfortunately I have been too busy to put them into the first release. End of the session, it definitely felt good to have 20 pairs of female eyes looking at me for that 30 minutes or so v(^^;)

Second session was done via a 3-way video conference session between Shenzhen, Zhuhai and Dongguan. It was tough not being able to see your audience as they were too small on the screen and I had to see the ppt presentation on screen as well. And they could only see the ppt presentation feed from my end and hear my voice for most of the session. It was only until the end when they wanted to see the presenter did I show my face on the video camera. I'm not too sure if they knew the microphone at their end was receiving very well because I heard a few sexually provocative statements at the end of the presentation...

Had Korean BBQ for lunch again. While it used to be Mac when we were at the old office, it's like the same Korean BBQ everytime for this new office. RMB300+ for fully filling up 5. Really cannot beat that kind of pricing in HK.

Checking out the way to customise the interface for my company's Outlook Web Access site after lunch. To change the look and feel of your OWA interface, see here and here. Will probably work on it in a week or 2.

2 hours to travel up and 2 hours to travel down... At least I only go up once or twice a week. I have colleagues who travel to Dongguan daily! I cannot imagine that kind of lifestyle...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors