Friday, March 13, 2009

Is it just an illusion?

I'm hearing it. I'm seeing it. I'm feeling it. The sales figures and news in and around the industry points to an improvement in March. I'm not sure what those experts think of this little revival but I think it's great news.

But what prompted this upward surge? Where did all this money come from? I suspect it all came from the wallets of those who were retrenched, using part of their retrenchment package to pacify themselves. Spending good money on a new mobile phone or a laptop (since they must return those equipment which were supplied by the company). They also spent some of their money on a good 2-week holiday. It will take 1 or 2 months before they realise that the industry is still not recruiting.

So what's going to happen next? Those retrenched will still not be able to find a job. Those not spending now will still not spend. Another round of downward spiral coming up~ Is it going to end soon? I don't think so...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors