Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm blogging again~

I'm back~

Back from a weekend back in sunny Singapore. A weekend in which I managed to visit the Jurong Birdpark (been 20 years?), visit Marina Barrage, see my shop for the first and last time since my uncle managed to sell the unit in an en-bloc sales, managed to see the construction on my new apartment reach 4/9 floor mark, find out that the owner(s) of the next unit is selling, decided that we want to buy it, got my first haircut in nearly 3 months, and took the 6am Jetstar flight back to HK for the first time ever on Tuesday. Stepping into the office the afternoon after the flight was also a first for me...

Back in work and I have been busy. Dongguan on Thursday and Shenzhen on Friday. While I was in Shenzhen I managed a little chat with my MD outside the toilet. Then he started chatting with me. 4 years here and it was the first time he started a friendly conversation with me. Then he asked if I was would continue to work for him in the HK office. For a moment I didn't know how to answer him. I'm not sure if I couldn't understand his Japanese(which was overly politely phrased for an MD to talk to a lowly IT manager) or I couldn't understand him(this wily old fox) but that question sounded 2-way to me. 1) "Will you be leaving us soon?" 2) "Will you stay around and help me?"

I've known for some time that he had expected me to leave HK within these 2 years. And he was pretty accurate in his predictions until the financial crisis kicked in and spoiled my plans. No matter what the real intentions of his question was, it certainly felt good. He's a man with high demands and those not in his good books usually don't last very long in this company. I hope I'm in his little good book because I'll be staying for a while...

Just went to HKUST's Clear Water Bay campus today. Stunning view of the sea... Anyway my interview for admission to the MSc program went pretty well and I will probably be starting school come September. I'll be here to help pollute the air for another 2 years...

Bought C&C Red Alert 3 and Winning Eleven 2009 for the PS3 this week. Been many years since I've played an RTS and playing it on the PS3 is a real challenge. RTS = mouse control... But I enjoyed the corny sequences, outrageous weaponry and storyline of RA3.

I've been playing the demo of WE2009 for quite some time and I've finally decided to convince myself that it will be worth it. And it is worth it. The animations and fluidity of the play have improved dramatically and the option to switch between English and Japanese commentary was great. Been playing the master league since getting it today. It's 5am now and I'm halfway through the 1st season. And no one is interested in joining my team... They all suck!

2 comments:

MING said...

man.. they Red Alert on PS3 !?!

how r u going to play without a mousie man !?

WhiteDuskRed said...

No issue. With my 20 years experience with a joypad, RTS on the PS3 is not going to stop me~

Worldwide Visitors