Thursday, June 11, 2009

Devastation...

The flat next door has been sold. Sold to some invisible @#%!@#$%... Why didn't I say yes when the window was open? I don't know... I still don't think that the market is playing out right... seems like I have played myself out...

Oh well... no point crying over milk on my pants... may the stock and property market in Singapore crash tomorrow... I have nothing in SG to sell anyway~

I'm surprised that HK is above Singapore in the liveability rankings. I have no idea how they came about with the results but I thought that many are moving to Singapore because the air in HK is liveable no more? I understand that there are many factors but if you can't breathe properly you can't live properly... I guess the Mercer rankings is a bit more accurate, in my opinion.

Why am I submitting the temperature records for all staff every morning??? It's a ridiculous piece of bullshit job which serves no purpose at all! Million-dollar temperature x-ray super-camera equipments haven't stop the H1N1 from spreading all over the world. So what does filling in the daily temperature for every bloody single day before the sacred time of 9am do? When I was sick last month, no one called me directly to ask what I was down with. I just submitted my MC today, good 3 weeks later. What if I was down with fever and came back to work?

When I asked why all the dumb temperature submission, the reply I got was "just submitting work". Alot of dumb work in this company...

The rain isn't helping... I need a good plate of chicken rice now...

4 comments:

Nomad said...

yeah taking the temp is a stupid thing to do... by the time the temp spike (in office), its kinda late isnt it??

As for the rankings, it depends on WHO the subjects are, and what criteria they used. Some talk about quality of life, some talk about lifestyle.

If its quality, I think SG wins over HK HANDS DOWN. But if u are refering to excitment and lifestyle (ignoring the cram quarters and bitchy air) , i would think Hk fare better than SG.

gweipo said...

I have heard via a fairly reliable source that actually the air only looks better in Singapore than HK, but actually there is a lot of pollution from the Refinery that you don't see ...
The person doing the research was told to cease and desist or be deported ...

WhiteDuskRed said...

Gweipo : Hmm... not so sure about the refinery pollution, which I'm sure is quite significant since they send particles up the chute 24/7, but Singapore do get haze from the forest fires in Sumatra nearly every year depending on the monsoon winds.

Nearly every industrialised city will have some sort of pollution from power plants, refinery, factories, coal mines etc etc. What really strikes me as the major difference between HK and SG is the number of trees in urban areas. Can only find small lots of greens here and there. Will give more points to HK if they have a green stretch like Orchard Road in SG. My favourite shopping belt, not because I love the shopping (I REALLY DON'T LIKE SHOPPING!), but because of the canopy provided by the giant trees~

Nomad : Well... I don't really look for excitement in my life. Maybe the clubbing once in every 6 months to a year, excursions to an island and trips to China.

I've not stayed longer than 10 days in any trip back to Singapore for 4 years so I don't know about the excitement but I heard from friends who returned to Singapore after staying in HK for 10 years that (incidentally moved because her bf could not take the air pollution in HK) the place have changed alot. I won't know~

But if you ask me, I'll choose to retire in Singapore, spend winter in a lovely little house in Niseko and visit HK every few months to collect rents. That's my retirement plan at the moment~

Nomad said...

u know the recent trip back...i couldnt find much green stretch in SIngapore orchard anymore! Even my fav patch of greenland outside the newton mrt has been replaced by ugly concrete new condo. How sad... That green land used to have alot of parrots and other pretty white birds, but now no more..I was soo sad..

And the green patch where the helpers used to gather on sun is now replaced by ugly Ion. I dunno...singapore is churning our more buildings than i can blink and worst, not even efficient ones but most money earning ones...

As for excitement in HK, I dont mean clubbing lah. I dont club either. Why does everyone naturally associate excitement with clubbing in HK? haaa. but overall, there are many aspect to it I like which is hard to pinpoint exactly what. Maybe its the array of services that are cheaper, or varieties of green products larger than SG, or the higher effort to go green and recycle compare to sg that actually gain more brownie points than SG. And oh, throw in cleaner toilets too..that doesnt sting on hand dryer paper...

Worldwide Visitors