Friday, June 12, 2009

Someone up there likes me...

Started up my Outlook and received all sorts of work-related e-mails from India, Japan and US... not even halfway through replying I realised its time to send the temperature readings again~ How to work properly when I get pissed by doing this little piece of errand every bloody morning! *blood boil*

Soon later I got news that a staff will be leaving this company. The same staff with inadequate basic computer knowledge. Can't describe how good I feel now... I don't mind colleagues with insufficient knowledge but possesses a good working attitude. I cannot stand those who I think possesses no knowledge, no effort and contributes nothing... Unfortunately and oh so unfortunately, my company is full of these people... People who should know the ERP system, yet don't know where to find the information they want to find and must rely on their subordinates to find for them...

Finished installing sp2 on Microsoft Server 2008 last night. Displayed for nearly 3 hours "Installing 3 of 3 : 65% completed", nearly gave me a heart attack. Takes around 6-8 hours for the full update to finish. Feels faster now. Or its probably just me, happy that it survived... Can never trust MS enough... Not so much luck for many Vista users who upgraded to sp2. Best tip: Backup before you jump! "You jump I jump" theory doesn't apply here, one person may have a smooth upgrade while another will be cursing and swearing and working through the night to repair, resuscitate and become retarded~

Tried bowling with my left hand last night. Can't say its as accurate as my right but I think I can still score above 100 with it. House balls are all drilled for right handers. Love my left hand. Not as strong as my right but can shoot 3-pointers (learnt because I injured my right wrist), play badminton (simply for the fun of doing it!) and now, play bowling with it (got a swollen right thumb). Perhaps can get a spare ball for my left hand. Also help keep my arms proportionate as I have a giant right forearm and a sissy left...

Finally a chance to take the A380 when it starts flying the SG-HK leg from 7th July. Can't wait to roam the plane and try to get lost. Backstreet Boys performing during the Singapore GP week? Oh my goodness~~~ Of boybands and mega boybands, I prefer Take That! And anyone bought tickets to the Liverpool match in Singapore? Big big big incentive to fly A380 to watch them but the total cost of such a short weekend escape is a big barrier...

Anyone interested in paying like HKD2.5mil/SGD500k for a 5,000sqft lot of land with a 1550sqft house with 3-bedrooms in Niseko, Hokkaido? 12 onsens within 15 minutes' drive, 7-8 golf courses within 40 minutes and just 2 kilometres from Niseko station. That sounds like the perfect retirement winter escape for me! 2 months there in the winter months, summer in Singapore (where else?!) and the cool months in Hong Kong. Perhaps a place in Australia will complete the whole retirement package... Oh yeah... and I need a whole lot of money for that to happen... *login to HK Jockey Club website*

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors