Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Don't study and you will become a taxi driver!"

http://taxidiary.blogspot.com/ - Apparently... study too much and you will still end up as a taxi driver! Not too sure whether this Stanford Doc is the real deal but I'm a believer. Depressing stuff considering the fact that I'll be starting my P/T MSc studies soon... and even more depressing since I went into a books-induced coma after just reading 4 pages of my notes last night. But it was the 1st time in many years that I've managed to sleep so soundly for 11-12 hours on a weekday~

Deleting backuphistory in SQL2K server now... its taking forever since it has never been done... Things you won't realise until you want to restore a database. Luckily for me its just a backup server. Why am I still on a SQL2K? But then again someone out there might be writing modifications for systems which run on text files? Who knows~ Seen and heard enough of how big companies fail to invest in quality systems and how small companies over invest in systems they don't need.

Boring week... sigh...

No bowling till... I don't know when... sigh...

And I need to get my readings done... sigh sigh sigh... I enjoy the learning. I just hate the sleeping powder in those notes. Online or otherwise...

1 comment:

nomad said...

funny header..haaa

my mother use to scold me when i was young and she think my grades were faltering.. ''dont study hard and u will become road sweeper''

ha. me. a road sweeper.
haaaaa haaa. now must tell my mother, they got the road sweeper machine now.... haaaa

Worldwide Visitors