Friday, September 18, 2009

Studying is taking it toll on me...

Worked through to 2am last night, trying to finish 3 questions for my individual homework assignment due this Saturday. This professor is consistently handing out individual work on a weekly basis and team work every few weeks. I'm starting to understand why some of the 2nd year students are taking just 1 subject this term...

1) Sleeping late on a Saturday - The core module is on Saturday afternoon. I'm taking 2 subjects and its a choice of waking up for the 9am class or staying back for the evening class till 9pm. I chose the former and got an exemption for the latter. Saturday night is too precious for spending in school...

2) Reading reading and more reading - I read my textbook and I get case studies. I read my handouts and guess what? More cases! Its a lot of words and very few useful information. I understand that its a good learning process and I love the class interaction but its really tedious to read 100 pages a week.

3) Life outside class - These days I spend alot of time picking up after my alarm clocks. Like last night I had a difficult time concentrating on my work as they look so nice that I must hold them in my hands... And then I got 2 nights of bowling a week...

Part-time studies are never easy. Done it once and doing it again. Knew what I was in for when I enrolled. Hopefully it will be a phase I can look back on and smile at...

5 comments:

gweipo said...

are you doing the MBA? you need to divide and conquer. Find some people you trust in the course, and divide up the cases, each person reads one and makes an executive summary for the rest of the group. That's what life is about as well.... Even if you do it with just one person your workload 1/2

WhiteDuskRed said...

Nay, gave up on the MBA. Realised that I don't like what they offer. Now doing MSc in IS management. More my cup of tea.

It's more individual assignments and open discussions in the classroom. Have to read the case before the class...

But its all good knowledge~ learning something new everyday.

Nilanjan said...

Hey am from India an am on a tour to Hong Kong..., while Googling for information on Hongkong travel, foods, shopping I landed here. I want to buy some cheap electronic gadgets from Hong Kong but am confused which shop should I visit? Thought anybody can give some suggestions.

WhiteDuskRed said...

Hi Nilanjan,

You can try Elmer's website below:
http://hongkong-life.blogspot.com/

Should cover everything you are looking for.

Cheers~

Alan said...

Hi Nilanjan

Try Shopcite which is an electronics price comparison site for Hong Kong www.shopcite.com

Worldwide Visitors