Friday, September 25, 2009

Surprise surprise...

So 1 year ago I was given a very poor bonus (Compared with other colleagues, definitely). Got 2 rounds of cuts on my bonus due to a strange method of calculation.

So last night I went to the ATM and withdrew some money. The bonus was in and it was much higher than my expectations for this year, considering how the company has been faring this year. Basically repaid me the difference for last year's fiasco and not cock up the bonus for the present year.

*a pat on the President's back*

I'm glad he remembered last year... Life is funny. Last year I was expecting something but I didn't get it. This year I've been expecting nothing and I get virtually everything my inner self have been hoping for. Well, in any case, its one less thing I can bitch about this company... not sure if that's such a good thing...

But I can certainly curse and swear at all those taxi drivers every morning! Tailgating is something that really messes up my morning and ends lives! I understand that with lousy road planning, narrow roads and crazy minibuses + taxis, there is a need to keep your car as close to the one in front to prevent others from cutting into your lane, but is there a need to dive in at speed and brake hard? Okay, so maybe there's a need, because the minibus or taxi on the outer lane will devour any space big enough for a corner of their vehicle...

There's a stretch of road beside Austin Station with 4 lanes. 2 for vehicles going straight towards Olympic Station and 2 for turning right to Jordan. The number of cars turning right is usually approximately less than 1/5 of the cars going straight. That leaves a lot of space behind for taxis and minibuses to setup their lane-jacking stance.

I think I really ought to think about buying a car... but at HKD1,500/mth just for parking below my block + another HKD4-5k for a lot near my office, taking a taxi everyday still makes alot of economic sense...

But I'll be able to take my alarm clocks to Sai Kung when they get bigger... arghhh~~~

1 comment:

"Just Me" said...

i have had a year with a car, and a year without a car in HK. While, apart from not being able to drive to hiking areas...i generally find life not much worse without a car in HK. The mini bus and cabs availability and network is pretty vast and good here i suppose...much that there are other things to gripe about. Yeah and payin for the carpark is ridiculous. Luckly u only get charge 1500. The carpark lot here at my place cost HK2700

Worldwide Visitors