Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm living near a jet plane~

Went looking for a rental apartment yesterday. Rise and shine at 9am, departed at around 10am, started viewing from approx. 11:30am, decided and closed the deal at approximately 1:30pm. All of 2 hours and 5 units later.

The place is much further away from the city. It's probably as far as one can get away from the city without a boatride compared to a 10-min drive to TST now. A 10-min walk to the nearest train station, 30 mins to the city on the MTR, another 10mins walk to office. Will have to leave home 25 mins earlier everyday. But we'll be getting 40-50% more space, an outstanding seaview, and some peace & quiet. Oh... and just realized I really cannot afford to take the cab to classes to Sats anymore...

Downside : "Pets are not allowed". But we're keeping toys... Not sure what will happen if someone complains about the pups but they are part of the reason why we're moving. Anyway, they don't bark (ok... maybe a small *woof* when we get one of them overly excited, nothing menacing) and they are not big so they should be alright. Oh well... I'll try not to get them too excited... tough but I'll try...

After the apartment search we went for bowling. We joined this bowling competition organised by the bowling centre and yesterday was one of the qualification rounds. The aim is to get yourself into the top 36 to get a place in the finals. Each player can play as many sets of 3-games and the highest 2 sets will be chosen for qualification.

I had a pretty decent 603 for my first set. But of all days I managed to hurt my thumb after the 3rd game. Managed to get 403 for the 1st 2 games of my 2nd set but finished with a very disappointing 162... A 262 would have landed me in 1st place for the qualifying and a HKD1000 prize money. To go or not to go for it? 3 more weeks of qualifying, I'll just wait and see... If I think I'm falling out of the top 36 then I will go for it. I should be somewhere in the middle of the table.

Looking at my thumb, it's pretty swelled up now... this is bad... might be a long time before I recover from it...

Checked my grades and gotten As for both subjects taken. Fantastic reward for my hard work. I only hope to graduate without delay but As along the way are incentives to keep my motivation up. Let's hope I can continue this streak~

1 comment:

MING said...

Well done my fren..

Worldwide Visitors