Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time flies...

Time flies when you're studying, bowling, working...

Revisited Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs in one of the modules I've taken recently. And then I thought to myself... are Singaporeans really that high up on Maslow's? Yes and no. I believe that most Singaporeans own their own property. But I also know that most Singaporeans have high job insecurity and a mortgage burden. Also trying esperately seeking culture, creativity and respect into our lives.

What about HK? After staying in HK for more than 4 years, apart from the affluent expat community, I think that most people in this city are pretty much stuck on the bottom 2 tiers on Maslow's... the rising property prices isn't helping matters...

It seems like we are all modern day cavemen, struggling for a place to stay (apartments instead of caves), light + warmth (electricity vs fire) and food (paying for them instead of hunting/farming). Most of us will be stuck in the race to stay competitive or just to survive till the day we die.

Seems like we've missed the boat to sell our cave here in HK... job cuts + anti-bubble measures will affect the buying sentiments here. Many are waiting for the price to dip before pouncing. I have had enough of city life... time to move out to the countryside and get a car~

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors