Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Take a break...

The HR/Admin in my company is so cocked up that I probably have to take up yoga lessons again... to breathe and avoid a stroke... Went to look up on Employee Handbook and found the following :

RESTROOM USE

Entirely too much time is being spent in the restroom. There is now a strict 3 minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.

Wow! Guess what. Even if someone were to implement something like that, I don't think that we have a company bulletin board in the office. And the pantry's simply pathetic. So...

2 comments:

Joyce Hor-Chung Lau said...

You know, even if I were writing a made-up parody of a company, I couldn't think that up. Amazing. Three minutes. I guess if you have a cramp or upset stomach, you're breaking company rules.

Though I did hear of a HK workplace where the company didn't provide toilet paper, on the guise that employees would just steal it.

WhiteDuskRed said...

To be fair to that company, HK staff do steal toilet papers! In fact they steal everything from soap (from the dispenser) to pens!

We are trying to avoid that by rationing and making them sign for everything they take. Something well implemented back in my army days...

Worldwide Visitors