Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hello World~

Don't you just love the sight of those few words whenever you start learning a new programming language? I'm trying to learn programming for Facebook but its a lot tougher when you don't have your own server (or too stingy to pay for a host). Finding a decent host with all the necessary stuff to run FB applications can be tiring.

And just when I thought I've found one, I ran out of time. I've been busy over the past 2 weeks preparing presentations after presentations. A 10-page critical essay with which I have hit the wall at page 9...

Singapore beat China 3-1 in table-tennis? Why yes~ And TVB news spent the whole of 10 seconds reporting the piece. I didn't even get to see any action... but that's what you get when you are in China. Fair reporting.

Anyway saw the Food and Hygiene department going after some demonstrators? Food and hygiene... performing without a license... I guess you must give it to the HKGov for creativity...

2 comments:

HKJon said...

I don't know why you think TVB's reporting was so unfair - table tennis does not have a huge following - and at least it was mentioned! Of course, in Singapore, I imagine that Mediacorp spent a full half hour describing the event, telling people what heroes the players are, and how the victory is somehow a result of the wonderful policies of the government.

Having lived previously in Singapore, personally I am thankful that the media in Hong Kong is relatively free, is generally of a higher standard, and does not constantly shove government propaganda down your throat.

WhiteDuskRed said...

Thats true. Singapore's media is about as crappy as HK's with all the OB lines drawn. Still... crappy reporting~

Hey but not bad for a small country of 4 million importing from China and beating China aye~

Worldwide Visitors