Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WC Season...

Spent many nights at Novotel's bar watching WC games. Good pizza, good atmosphere and decent prices. Definitely better than trying other unreliable means of getting pictures...

Enough has been said of the mysterious no-goal in the Germany-England match. I wonder if the noise will be louder if the victims are not millionaire footballers who cannot perform at the highest level when required (Rooney-who?) but poor Asians with not enough to eat?

Someone got to start checking on FIFA's books. Or rather the people managing FIFA. Everyone but they can understand why video replay technology is not a viable solution. Winners of this edition will probably be remembered for winning a cup which was marred by refereeing decisions, floating balloons of a ball and the vuvuvelas.

Okay, I'm going to write this here now. Beckham for England manager! He will be their manager someday. I'm not sure when... probably once Capello finish his packing~

Once again I must applaud the HKGov for scheduling their dirty work during the WC Season. This ensures that the MTR route will be less crowded when they leave the LegCo.

And it's confirmed. Property prices in Singapore are too bloody high. I don't think many Singaporeans will be able to afford the condominiums launched recently. Properties which cost something like S$900psf less than a year ago cost nearly twice as much. I would have made myself some good money if I had the foresight (and the money) to get myself a pair of keys...

Soccer madness continues... blogging will be very light...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors