Sunday, October 17, 2010

The journey took 10 hours...

...but the effect on Coffee will probably be long-lasting... dogs have a tendency to be territorial and their behavior can change with the environment. From what I have heard, Coffee is showing symptoms of aggression which stemmed from a change in living environment.

From staying in an apartment which is located on the 53rd floor, he is now living in a place which is on the 6th floor. There will be sounds of cars on a daily basis. Not to mention fighter jets from the nearby airbase. Then there's the new experience of meeting the family. Whereas in HK they are hardly used to visitors except for the M couple (who helped looked after the pups when they were very young), they will be bombarded by excited fans who have been waiting for them to make their appearance in Singapore.

One such fan will have to be my young nephew K. He's been begging his mother for a puppy and my sister, a person who is afraid of any animals, denied him any chance of owning one. So last night my uncle brought K(10) and his 2 siblings A(5) and C(3) to visit the pups. Apparently, K was charmed by the 2 pups while the other 2 kids were quite intimidated by the hairy 4-legged creatures. I'm sure K will make his way there again in the near future... without his mum!

From what I've heard, Coffee was barking on introduction albeit tails-wagging. Cookie was her charming best, playing with children and presenting her best. Cookie loves chasing little kids, a trait we witnessed quite a few times here in HK. I'm worried about Coffee... firstly the change in environment, then the change in habits (now they can walk out of the apartment without a carrier! Yay~) and finally the absence of me. I've been the one slapping his naughty butt whenever he crosses the line. In fact I give him a slap even before he makes his move because he is such a naughty pup I usually can see it in his eyes before he attempts to do something...

I hope I can be back faster but I don't have any more annual leaves.... and my Saturdays are fully booked for lessons. Another option will be sending him to obedience school...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors