Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last day in HK~

Finally closing a chapter of my life... and a pretty long chapter at 5 years 4 months. I'm humbled by the display of generiosity and love by all my friends here in HK. Part of the reason why I've not been able to write during the past few weeks is because of the number of farewell dinners I've been attending~

Staffs who left the company made the effort to join our little farewell karaoke dinner. A staff from Shenzhen who made the way to East TST for the said karaoke session after work and returned straight to Shenzhen after that. And not to mention I had a meal with nearly every department in the company separately.

And then there's my classmates from HKUST. Friends who I've known for slightly longer than a year although we had only really started knowing each other better in the last 8 months. They organised a bowling session and then last night a little post-X'mas and farewell party for me. A really big THANKS to you guys for making the time and effort to organise everything.

HK was great during the 1st and 2nd years. Everything was new, money was good, streets were less crowded, and I didn't really notice the pollution. Unfortunately the last 2 years were pretty tough. Especially the money part... In 2005 the exchange rate was something like 1SGD to 4.6HKD. Last I checked it was 1SGD to 6.0HKD. Not a smart thing staying here in HK if I'll be servicing mortgages for 2 apartments in Singapore...

To all my fellow bloggers/commentators/readers here in HK, its been a pleasure knowing you online. Although this blogger will be based in Singapore from tonight, hopefully you will continue to read my blog and do write something from time to time.

Till my next post, have a good 2011~

Whitedusk@HK signing off...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog over the past few years (as well as 'tumpang-ing' the links to other interesting blogs on the right hand side).  Wishing you a happy and healthy new year back in SG.  All the best !

littlecartnoodles
(stuck in HK for the foreseeable future)

A Singaporean Uncle in Australia said...

Our best wishes and continued success go with you wherever you are. We lookward to read about it in your blog. Any chance of seeing you in OZ?
Cheers!

kiersten said...

oh how exciting - a new chapter in life..welcome back to SG!

Gweipo said...

so has moving back to Singapore met your expectations?

WhiteDuskRed said...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments! Its great to be back although I'm still trying to find my bearings in a few areas.

I guess I'm ready to start blogging again~

WD

"Just Me" said...

have a grrrrret time back in sg! keep writing, keep posting to keep me posted on the latest juice in Sg:) Hope u will settle back in beautifully:)

Worldwide Visitors