Monday, December 20, 2010

So what's next?

I finished the last 2 papers of my MSc studies on Saturday. Prior to the exams I had many scenarios running thru my brain about how I will react once I leave the exam hall. Will I shout out a celebratory YEAH or throw my fists into the air like a crazy Orang Utan? Well none of that happened... all I could muster was a congratulatory yeah to myself...

I was the first to leave the exam hall and was rushing home to feed my tribe. By the time I reached the bus-stop, a few of my faster classmates had already updated their status on Facebook. It wasn't "WOOHOO!" or the "ALRIGHT LET'S PARTY" kind of messages I'd expected. Most of them were like "Feeling empty" and "What's next?" kind of messages...

Are we insecure creatures or just hungry for knowledge? Or we are just too used to spending our Saturdays in UST that we've forgotten how interesting Saturdays can be? I can't really answer that... I'm still wondering the cause of that emptiness myself...

It's a chore waking up and making my way to UST every Saturday. But everything has been more or less routine. Schedules for classes, schedules for projects, presentations and then exams. But at least it is routine. And now that I'm going to lose a routine component I guess the disarray and adjustment will inevitably cause a slight shift in mentality.

Anyway... I'd better start filling up my Saturdays with activities... learn guitar/drums? Start running? Start basketball? Karaoke? Walk the dogs? Volunteer work? I should try all of the above... at least before the baby arrives~

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors