Monday, December 13, 2010

Tsim Sha Tsui vs Tung Chung

13 more work days to be exact~ before I board my SQ flight to Singapore. I've been staying in a service apartment in TST since exactly 1 month ago. Significant differences between the 2 places...

Tung Chung - quiet (relatively), fresh air (polluted or not i'm not sure but definitely smells better), spacious...

Tsim Sha Tsui - noisy, choking with cigarette smoke and crowded...

But I like staying in TST. For one, it's a 5-minute walk to my office. Transport-wise its in the middle of virtually everywhere. I can find Cha Chaan Tng around every corner and if I feel generous there's always iSquare just across the road. Staying in a service apartment is nice since I don't have to clean up after myself. Its just like staying in a hotel. Of course that also means that the feeling of home is not really there although I'm starting to feel more at home the longer I stay here.

So here I am smack back in Kowloon. The 1 year spent in Tung Chung was a valuable experience for me. It showed me a side of HK where I ever only had the chance to pass by thru the Airport Express or taxi rides to and fro the airport.

It also proved to me that people will have their own opinion about a place even though they've never lived (or even been) in a place. I've heard so many friends and colleagues remark about how Tung Chung differs from their expectations. They never expected the place to be so spacious, comfortable and clean. I had that impression myself before I visited M at his new place in TC. Once again reminding me to think twice about what I hear from people with lots to say but have never done anything themselves...

Been there done that... its about time I go back to Singapore...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors