Saturday, April 2, 2011

爱屋及乌...

It's used to describe someone who loves a person so much that he/she will obsessively/try hard to like what the person likes/care about. It is a blessing to meet such a person. Because it is not always an easy thing to do.

Take for example my friend N. Staying with her in-laws and siblings of her husband, she is fighting a lonely battle in raising her kid as everyone in the family has differing views of childcare. The MIL insists on feeding honey or Ribena drink to the little boy in place of plain water. The husband, being the youngest and only son in the family, could do nothing except to follow whatever his mother say. I can imagine the stress of having to put up with all those nonsense after a day of work...

For my case its pretty straightforward. The 2 families are virtually merged into 1. But I swear I nearly lost my temper with my MIL more than once. Given my tolerance for directed personal attacks and sarcasm, its really amazing how I managed to withhold my temper. The funny thing is I lose my temper far more easily with my mum than with my MIL!

Hmm... Come to think about it I think I've ever written about losing temper with my MIL in previous blog posts... I guess thats the way she is and its something I will have to learn to live with. I only need to know 爱屋及乌...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors