Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Wedding Anniversary~

The first wedding anniversary we've ever had in Singapore and I decided to book a table for us at Jaan. It's located on the 70th floor of Swissotel Stamford and offers a great view of the Marina Bay Sands and the Esplanade. Of course when they called to reservation I did highlight to them that I would like to have a window seat since its our wedding anniversary and here's the view we get for the rest of the evening...

We went for the 7-course meal and a half-bot of champagne. Most of the food were excellent (except for a lacklustre pasta dish) and really introduced me to a whole new range of flavors. Some truffle soup with a scallop here, an oyster-buttered fish there and a pigeon... We were quite full by the end of the meal.

Just before we picked up the tab, the service staff brought us this...

A really nice cheesy anniversary cake!

By this time we were too full for anything so we did the next best thing and brought it home to share with the rest of the family so that they got to share this special day with us~ Will I go to Jaan again? I really enjoyed well-paced and attentive delivery of service. I loved the fact that there was only like 10 tables in the whole establishment. The food was pretty decent. The price was slightly high but totally acceptable for me. Yes I will go back again but I guess I will only go back on the 10th anniversary.

In the meantime I want to have a go at the Les Amis, Iggy's and Gunther's.... It's been a long time since we had such a wonderful 3-hour dinner and its really addictive... Finding a job will go a long way in financing the urge...

1 comment:

"Just Me" said...

congrats on ur wedding ann!

Btw, I would tell u to give Iggy a miss. It's the most pretentious and expensive, overhyped fine dining in singapore. It was that bad when i tried it when they first started and after so many years, its still equally crappy and wast of money. Unless u just want to have the "been there, done that" experience, else, seriously bro, save your hard earn buck to elsewhere....

Worldwide Visitors