Friday, July 1, 2011

Jobs, Baby, Google+ and other stuffs~

Quite a hectic last day of June 2011...

First a presentation for the School early in the morning for the 2nd round of the job interview. I thought I did well, answered their questions quite professionally and maintained my composure quite well throughout the interview. I will know the results soon enough...

Made my way to Orchid Bowl @ Pasir Ris E!Hub after the interview. Got myself lunch before heading to the lanes to try out. Never going there again because I can't even do a decent slide on the lanes. Not sure if it was the particular lane I was on or it was just a bad day for the maintenance guys but while I can stand poorly maintained lane conditions I cannot stand poor clean-off of the approach area. Considering I was probably the first to use that particular lane that day, I could see shoe marks there... sneakers... another reason why I won't be there is that the place was filled with fun-seekers who hardly have any bowling etiquette...

But I did meet someone beside my lane. A policeman on his day-off was playing beside me, also alone. After 2 games or so we started talking a bit and I asked him if he minded me giving him pointers. I also told him that I'm a certified coach just in case he thought I was a looney trying to pick him up... He was open to suggestions since he only started seriously picking up the game a few months ago. I quite drastically changed his sequence and taught him some techniques in picking up spares. And from 140 average he was getting 170 averages. He told me "This is the best day of my bowling life!", well that one sentence made it the best day of my post-certified coaching life as well!~

He asked me to coach him on a regular basis and asked me for my rates. Frankly speaking I had no idea so I asked him how much he wanted to pay. He said he would find out and would get back to me. In the end he insisted on paying for my games as i)he is a Singapore policeman afterall and they are not supposed to get anything for free ii)he felt he really gained from my coaching and felt bad about not paying. I gave him a ride home to thank him for the games, we exchanged numbers and hopefully we can bowl together again. But I'm really thankful for taking up the coaching course because now I'm really pointing out the right mistakes early from the play instead of at the release and people can see the improvement straightaway...

Then I was off to fetching the missus when I was told Baby J was down with fever! Goodness... his first ever fever and that sent the both of us on panic mode. Got home to find frantic grandmas and granduncle like ants on hot stone. Mum did her stuff and managed to lower the temperature for a while (but it was up and down throughout the night) while I had to drive D to Kallang to get his birthday cake~

After dinner my sis brought her kids over to have the cake with us. For so many years we hardly got the chance to sit down as a family to celebrate any major events and now, within 6 months, I have had the opportunity to eat cake together with my family a handful of times. And my sister's 3 kids adore D!~ And for so many years we hardly have a chance to celebrate so many family events together... I'm really looking forward to mum and uncle's double-celebration this year~ It's going to be all that more fantastic with Baby J around~

Well... that was the birthday celebration... after that the missus was working hard all night to keep Baby J's temperature down while I found a spot on the floor to lay a mattress and sleep so that she could take care of him better. I woke up this morning to find him all better. Glad to report that he is all better now~ Smiling, crying and refusing milk in all his little fussiness~ We love the kid~

And I got an invite to Google+ this morning~ Fun new interface which I feel can really beat FB this time around if the going gets right. Google is better technically... now to get the right apps... my nephew is all over FB because of the games, can Google+ do that? Hmm...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors