Friday, August 26, 2011

Haven't been out much...

Life has settled down into a routine and I don't really have any problems with it. Weekdays its all about job hunt (even though I sort of have a job now) and taking care of Baby. I've also restarted my iPhone development and this time the engine is much smoother and I'm very very productive. Weekends we will go for bowling sessions at East Coast, with a meals there as well. Managed to meet a couple of friends for coffee here and there in recent times so thats a big plus. Not to mention the number of 1-month baby showers, weddings and friends visiting from overseas. And this past week I just completed a course in Intellectual Property Management. So many things done yet I felt that I've not really done much... it really baffles me...

I hope this feeling will go away once I go back to a 9-6 job. Working from home on a project basis just feels weird, at least I feel weird... But then again this might be the best arrangement for me since now I can do other stuffs like my iPhone apps, teach bowling as well as start some other ventures. I think most Asians still believe its important to hold a job with a steady pay and its not easy to change this mindset. I guess I'm in the best position to try out some stuffs now that I'm not bogged down by a full-time job but I got to grab this opportunity and go all out.

During the IP course I met a few like-minded people and we all share our thoughts and experiences with entrepreneurship. One thing we all agree on is the risk one must take and is willing to take in order to succeed. A few big names out there dropped out of college to be where they are now while others took out their entire savings and bet on their dreams. But we all agreed that behind all those different forms of risk-takings and sacrifices, those people had one thing in common and that is the belief that what they were doing were right and went all out for it. Then again there are also the hundreds of thousands of failures who burnt and crashed...

Do I want to i) spend the rest of my life in a 9-6 job and thinking of all the what-ifs or ii) go all out and either succeed and shine in a new career/venture or have a crash-and-burn story on my CV? Why not~

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors