Thursday, March 29, 2012

Game of Office Politics

Having worked in middle-management for the last couple of years, I thought I had seen enough of the corporate world to play the game of office politics. Now I finally realize that my previous company would most probably be ranked as Easy in terms of difficulty if it had been a video game.

Not even a year into my present job I've been a pawn, an unwilling participant, and now a star attraction in this game. Its a high stakes game because its either I win and climb over my opposition, or I lose and that means my job as well. The twist and turns in this game allowed me access to the very top people in my organisation, which should be a positive turn, but I am never sure what their ultimate motives are...

I have no idea how to get through this game unscathed but so far I think I've been making the right moves, impressing the right people, and working the grounds diligently. But that may never be enough because in this game sometimes its not about performance, but more about one's loyalty to the people on top.

Approximately 2 weeks later I should be able to see a clearer picture... *fingers crossed*


No comments:

Worldwide Visitors