Wednesday, March 21, 2012

S$82k COE...

So the latest price for a 10 year certificate of entitlement is S$82k for open categories... that means our plan to wait for the price to come down backfired in fantastic fashion. I still got 2 years to the end for my present car so I will wait it out. I do hope that the prices for pre-owned cars will not go up with the announcement of the latest COE prices because I wish to have the option of getting a car in case I cannot wait out the 2 years.

Again a 2nd car is not a necessity for us but it is good to have. I'm travelling between 2 sites for my work on a daily basis, and the same goes for the missus. Some people look at this as being extravagant, I would like to look at it as essential to maintain a balance between working hard and rewarding myself for my hard work. And honestly speaking we will never know when we leave this world. So why scrimp and save so much? As long as we earn enough and still manage to have savings after getting a 2nd car, then in my opinion that is fine. I certainly don't wish to wait for a cab under the hot sun, nor get stuck in an mrt or sit through traffic in a bus.

I guess the failings in the public transport system forced everyone into thinking of getting a car or a 2nd car or even a 3rd! Thats probably the reason why the COE spiked up. At the end of the day we will get expensive cars and a messed up public transport system... I'm going back to scouting for good pre-owned car deals online...

2 comments:

FoodieFC said...

Serious! Wow thats is... way way too high.. looks like the inflation will rise too as a result of this..

Nath said...

public transport is no longer affordable to travel in Singapore. With the increased price and delayed timing, it's pushing the public to a whole new level!

Worldwide Visitors