Saturday, April 14, 2012

End of an era...

Nearly 3 months in my new designation, my immediate superior has left the company after mutual agreement. To the rest of the staff its speculation after speculation, like some sort of TVB/Channel 8 drama. Some looked at me as the supporting actor, others looked at me as the star of the show. There were some junior staff who even half-bowed their heads when they walked past me last evening, as if I was a monster or the prison warden... I guess people may not look at me the same way again...

After I knew of this departure a few nights ago I have been getting very little sleep. Did I do anything to get rid of him? I don't think I did. I just answered honestly to any question from the senior management. I sure felt he didn't help his cause as he has been looking forward to this position since the day I met him.

Yesterday I took over his staff from him. After that we had a chat and I told him that I wouldn't have the capacity to make him leave. He told me he knew that it got nothing to do with me. I am glad I made peace with him because even though he didn't help much in my work, he wasn't a terrible superior. And when we worked our working relationship was pretty good. And I sleep a bit better last night.

As Monday approaches I am getting worried as my already heavy job load is going to get heavier. But I am also not sure what I am worried about because the work is not that terribly tough, it is just volume. Put in less sleep, less family time and work will get accomplished... having said that I feel it is a bit unfair to me since previously staff taking up this much responsibility had titles of COO or Director etc...

A speeding offence sure didn't raise my mood a bit! LOL~

Have a good weekend people!

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors