Thursday, March 28, 2013

All things 3...


I've been living in achapter of my life whereby work keeps me up, wakes me up and haunts me throughout the day... Awfully unhealthy way to lead my life. Work load and all the politics etc. the financial aspect and fatigue.

How did it get so bad? I guess its part of an M&A, with people from different working culture clash. If the image from the top is so different from actual ground action, then one can truly imagine what its like for middle management like me to execute those plans. Somehow in this phase of my life I fear I have been living a lie. But my meeting with the Group CEO released me from all those fears.

I had a good session with the CEO and Regional MD, presenting to them what I've done here, challenges and my plans for the coming months. He had a few minor comments but generally very supportive and positive of my work so far and the direction I'm moving in. Of course there is the lingering fear that all those are not true and he will actually share all his negative comments with my functional boss when he is back in HK. No point worrying about that though.. I'm just glad the week is finally going to be over.. 11:44pm on the eve of Good Friday and the week is still not over for me though...


3rd consecutive night working till midnight... tonight's going to be a bit special because its going to be more like 3am. This is the 3rd full-time job I'm in.

BMW 3-series convertible is drifting further and further away from me with the new loan measures in Singapore. The present 523i is the 3rd car I've driven in Singapore, after the Mazda 3 and BMW 125i...

Just bought my 3rd property in Singapore... although I also let go of one property in doing so... although my dream is still a 3-storey house...

I always have 3 bowling balls in my car. Don't know how many more balls I'm going to get... I try to get at least 3 or more games in every week. With my workload these days its quite a feat.

It seems like my life revolves around the number 3... maybe when I reach 40 I will be able to afford the BMW 4-series? Hmm...

No comments:

Worldwide Visitors