Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Its a waiting game...

Everyday at work I have this feeling that some of the employees are playing a waiting game. Everyone is still working, doing their job and making little fuss of whatever changes are being implemented around them. But I know many of them are on the prowl for a new job.

I cannot blame them. Change has been the only constant over the past 2-3 years with M&A and restructuring. Not to mention a crazy job market out there, any jump will mean a 15-25% increment quite easily. Seriously I'm tempted to do the same myself.

On the other side, a part of me has some level of guilt towards throwing in the towel now and bailing out. Pride coming into play again? I seriously don't know. There's this whole thing about moving out of comfort zone, starting over in a new environment, new industry, new challenges. But if there's a 25% increment and a nicer sounding title... heck... like footballers loyalty counts for nothing~ No?

Well... no job offer no talk~ I'll join the rest in this waiting game...

2 comments:

Nomad said...

So did u throw in the towel?

WhiteDusk said...

Indeed I did! Monday's my clearance and it will be a good CNY!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Worldwide Visitors