Friday, September 20, 2019

Baba Chews - Food Review

We had a few friends from Hong Kong on a Tuesday evening so the missus suggested Baba Chews at Katong Square.




The restaurant/bar serves Asian food with a western twist to it. I was skeptical about the place at first but went along since I’m always game for trying something new~




We ordered 6 dishes to share and all of them tasted pretty good while at the same time made me relook at dishes I’ve known so well!

Ayam Curry Kapitan $20

Foie Gras Tau Kwa Pau $22

The Foie Gras and the Tau Kwa Pau~
Chilli Crab Tagliatelle $20

Chicken Rendang Lasagne $18

Black Pepper Crayfish Horfun $24

Verdict?
Atmosphere at Baba Chews was pretty cool. I would say its modern Peranakan with enough natural lighting from the windows on side facing the main road. The crowd were mostly foreigners doing their work or having a drink. I think we were the only 2 local patrons that evening...

Food was above average. I liked the fact that every dish was different, yet the taste was decent/great~

Price is really affordable. All in all we paid around S$150 for 4 person (2 alcoholic + 2 non-alcoholic drinks).

No comments: