Tuesday, October 8, 2019

J’s bowling update - October 2019


In the nearly 2 months we've started 2-handed bowling with J, we have seen a remarkable improvement in his game. Below were the scores from the 2 competition he took part in recently:

Event
Gm1
Gm2
Gm3
Gm4
Gm5
Gm6
TTL
Avg
Novice Challenge 
18th Aug 2019
84
98
97
80
103
123
585
98
Ah Poh’s Funbowl
6th Oct 2019
116
123
114
107
128
131
719
120

In the 2 years he's been bowling, I've felt that his performances and scores were stagnant in recent months. And with the 2-handed curriculum, I thought it was going to be frustrating for everyone as well. But on and off we bowl with him on his one-handed bowling and we see better performance, more confidence and higher scores~


Learning to bowl with 2 hands have definitely helped him with his performance.

  • Playing with 2 hands gave him a better feel of the ball 
  • His strength has improved since he started 2-handed bowling
  • It's so difficult for him that he appreciate the simplicity of 1-handed bowling now
I think it's the same for me. I've been playing around with 2-handed bowling but when he started his 2-handed curriculum, I took note of the coaching and tried to follow the steps as much as possible. Now I feel that both my 1-handed and 2-handed games have improved~ 

I'm looking forward to his progress in the coming months and really hoping he can hit the target of 140 average by next year!

No comments: