Monday, October 2, 2023

Welcome to my scrapbook for retiring "in" Singapore...

 Welcome to my humble abode on the internet space. It's been a long time since I've updated this blog...

As I reach my mid-40s, I start to thinking about life outside the corporate world more frequently. It's going to be tough retiring on just CPF monies and even more so when considering the rising cost of living in Singapore. But Singapore will always be our home and immigration has never crossed our minds, but we also enjoy the cool climate and countryside living in other countries. 

My wife and I have always thought of some form of nomadic retiring living whereby we spend a couple of months living in one city and then the next months in another city or country altogether. 


Such a lifestyle will require plenty of savings or recurring income that will last us till the day we kick that bucket. Apart from the living expenditure that we will inevitably incur during our time in Singapore, there are many considerations about living overseas for extended periods of time:

  • Travel Insurance
  • Air Tickets
  • Accommodations
  • Transport/Car Rental
  • Food

Another problem with reaching the mid-40s is the tendency to forget things easily. This blog will be the easiest place for me to pen down those thoughts. For example:

  1. Ways to finance the retirement lifestyle, whether through investments while working or sideline after retirement
  2. Best value for money way to achieve a nomadic retirement life
  3. Places to go for that nomadic lifestyle

And with that I shall start plotting my plans to retire "in" SG~

No comments: