Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jaundice vs Baby J and the new Xcode 4...

Back from the hospital. Things are not well... the jaundice level did not go down. On the bright side it did not go up as well. Another 20% higher Baby J would have to be admitted straight away. Another round of phototherapy session coming up. Mrs WD is going under the lamp with the baby... not sure how she's going to achieve that without hurting herself...

Meanwhile I'm using daylight hours to write apps. Not that I'm having dreams of making big money out of apps but programming is something which I like. The new environment in Xcode 4 seems really productive and it should help me push out an app within the next 2 weeks. Downloading the whole of 4Gb will take another 2 hours... I'm really contemplating the NGNBN service... 100m up/down. I wonder what international traffic bandwidth is like... Oh but hold on a second... my house is not slated for wiring until the end of this year... Bah~~~

Maybe I should do my apps development at night. Baby J's waking up every other hour and I do have to take over the shift from the Mrs so she get some shuteye. I've always loved working at night. The quiet surroundings, no phones, no traffic and peace. At least I do get all those when the baby is not crying. But if I work at night I probably need some sleep during the day... which I cannot afford. Washing clothes, bringing food for the wife, sending wife and baby to hospital (it's going to be a daily thing with the jaundice)...

Then there's the job hunt. Still not going to job agencies or whatsoever, just sending in my CVs like 2-3 a week. I'm really not showing too much urgency. On one hand I'll be happy if I get a job now because I applied for really really out-of-my-league kind of positions. On the other, I'll also feel terrible if I do get a job now because I really want to be there for the Mrs throughout her maternity leave and bring her on that holiday during the last few weeks of her leave. I guess I like leaving things to fate...

No comments: