Friday, October 4, 2019

Neon Pigeon - Food Review

It was a regular Friday evening and the missus wanted to try something new. So I brought her to Neon Pigeon. It was new to her but not new to me! \(^O^)/


Located at 1 Keong Saik Road, the restaurant is on the 1st floor of a pre-war shophouse. The interior design is modern and classy, but due to the low ceiling and loud music, it can get really irritating after 7pm when the crowd starts pouring in~


The main reason why I go back to Neon Pigeon is not so much the atmosphere but more of the food~ I like their twist on various dishes which offers me a taste I've never had before. And their offer small or large size servings for most of their dishes so its great if you want to try a bit of everything!

Tokyo Hummus - $9/$16 (Small and Large size)

Sakoshi Bay Oyster - $16/$30

Miso Roasted Eggplant - $12/$22

Fried Octopus - $22/$42

Roasted Bone Marrow - $19/$36

Charcoal fired Rump - $25/$48

Verdict?
Atmosphere at Neon Pigeon was cosy and intimate... until 7pm... Once the crowd starts coming in, combined with the louder-than-required background music, and you get a surrounding thats good for a rowdy night out with the boys but not so nice date night~

Food was good. The twist on the various dishes and the option of small or large serving gave me more reason to try many different dishes.

Price was a bit on the high side considering the small portions are roughly around $20 on average. But I guess the quality and variation of the food means that I will continue to pay the inflated prices once every 6-12 months...

No comments: